Dear Layla Girl,
You’re FOUR YEARS OLD today! I’m so excited for you! And I’m so excited to be spending the day with you and Daddy and Kenley.
Layla Christine, I tell you “I love you” all the time. And I’ve loved you since I knew you were in my belly.
I couldn’t wait to hold you in my arms…squeeze your little toes…and rub your soft cheeks against mine.
And when you came out of my belly, I loved you even more…more than I could imagine possible!
You were the greatest, most special-ist, most fantastically, wonderful gift your daddy and I had ever received. And since that day, we’ve been doing our best to show you just how MUCH we love you.
I want you to know that I love you and…
I LIKE you.
I like you a lot.
I think you’re a pretty awesome, cool little kiddo! And even if you weren’t my Layla Girl, I would want to know you…play with with you…and be your friend. Because you are just that great!
Layla, here are some of the things I like most about you…
1) I like how after two pictures, you start making funny faces at the camera!
2) I like that when your sister is crying, you try to bring her a toy that will make her smile.
3) I like how you lay your stickers out on the table and arrange them ever-so-carefully by color or object.
4) I like how you stand on your tippy-toes to reach the light switch.
5) I like how you sing and talk to yourself when you’re drawing.
6) I like how you hear music and just have to dance! And how you close your eyes when a slow song comes on. (Too cute!)
7) I like how you use the word “actually”…a lot. =)
8) I like your sleepy-eyed, beautiful smile and your cheery “Good morning, Mommy” when you first wake up.
9) I like that you have a favorite planet, Saturn. And that you love looking at the moon and stars!
10) I like that you ask a lot of questions and want to learn. (You inspire me!)
There are so many things I like about you, Layla. And this is just the beginning to my list. But over this next year, I want to tell you more…more of what makes you…an awesome little girl!
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! You are FOUR. YEARS. OLD today!
From the very top of my head to the very tips of my toes…I love you.
I like you! =)