Well, the last week completely flew by for our family. It was jam-packed with appointments, meetings, but lots of fun as well…including a daddy-daughters’ date at the children’s museum and a mommy’s day out for me…yippee!!!
Now, I told you I would let you know how the beginning of last week went when I was absolutely dragging. Well, I’m happy to report that the girls and I had a great day. We found a great spot in our community that has a little hill and bunch of small bushes and trees…just perfect for…AN EGG HUNT!
I know, I know…Easter was in the spring, but it was so much fun! I keep the little plastic colored eggs in a bucket for the girls to play with in their toy chest so we just used those! I filled a couple of them with quarters because the girls love the rides at our local mall and I figured that would give them a little something else to look forward to on another day!
Kenley is still too young to hunt for eggs, but she was an excellent helper! She even spotted a purple one and pointed very enthusiastically until Layla grabbed it for her! It was a great time for all three of us! We then went to our playground for a bit, but didn’t last long before heading back home because somebody had to use the potty…no, it was not me!
After the potty break, we made lunch and then discussed our plans for an obstacle course! Layla and I brainstormed what we could use. I was super impressed when she suggested that we grab the sit n’ spin from the garage and use that. I thought, “Perfect!” We gathered all our goodies, headed to the basement, and built our course! Here’s how it went…
(With great excitement) “On your mark…get set…GO!!!!!”
1) Hit the music button on the sit n’ spin, sit, and spin away, making at least one full rotation
2) Jump off and get dressed up…a backpack, a necklace, a bracelet, and a hat! (remember, I have girls =))
3) While all dressed up, perform a quick hopscotch using colorful bath tub grippies (I don’t know what you call ‘em, but they’re those colorful circles that suction to the bath tub floor so kids don’t slip!…we use them to make hopscotch all the time =))
4) Remove hat, backpack, necklace, and bracelet and skillfully maneuver your way through the tunnel! (one of those tunnels that usually attaches to a kid tent)
5) Escape from the tunnel, grab the purple ball, and shoot it into the laundry basket…SCORE!!! Obstacle complete! Woo-hoo!!!
It was great, and as the girls went through it (I helped Kenley, of course) we did a play by play commentary! Layla really liked that part =)!
I ran through the obstacle several times too and I’m pretty sure that by the end of the day, I was more worn out by it than the girls =)! But yeah, it turned out to be a pretty wonderful day =)! Now if I could just manage to get my laundry done, the bathrooms cleaned, the dishes put away, the floors vacuumed… =)
I’d love to hear about some of the fun you are having with your kiddos as the summer wraps up, so please feel free to leave a comment and share your adventures!